Two Axis Manipulators are kind of Gantry Robot Systems,Polar coordinate sliding platform module manipulator.You are welcome to visit our download centre to check E-catalogues or watch our video centre to check more projects.
Gantry Robot Systems,or polar coordinate manipulator sliding platform module is also known as rectangular coordinate robot, which is a combination of the X axis, Y axis and Z axis sliding platform modules.
The combination forms of polar coordinate sliding platform module manipulator mainly include the following
1) Fixed Z-axis base, movable sliding table; Or Z-axis sliding table is fixed, and the base is mobile;
2) X axis and Y axis support, Z axis base fixed sliding table moves;
3) Or X-axis and Y-axis support, Z-axis sliding table fixed base moves;
Gantry Robot Systems,or Polar coordinate manipulator realizes different functions through the combination and replacement of tools in different directions of sliding platform module. Different actions can be achieved through controller programming. Simply install the workpieces required by various industries on its slider and set a set of appropriate programs, which is a simple linear motion manipulator. It is generally used for dispensing, welding, handling, loading and unloading, etc.
With the rapid development of the intelligent industry, more and more industries use robots or Gantry Robot Systems to replace labor. What types of robots do we commonly use? The driving modes are classified as follows:
Manipulators mainly have four driving mechanisms: hydraulic drive, pneumatic drive, electrical drive and mechanical drive.
- Hydraulic drive.
The hydraulic drive manipulator is usually composed of hydraulic motor (various cylinders, oil motors), servo valve, oil pump, oil tank, etc., and is executed by the drive manipulator. Generally speaking, it has a great grip (more than hundreds of kilograms). It is characterized by compact structure, stable action, high impact resistance, vibration resistance, high manufacturing accuracy and sealing performance. Otherwise, oil leakage will pollute the environment.
- Pneumatic drive.
Its drive system is usually composed of cylinders, air valves, air tanks and air compressors. It has the characteristics of convenient air source, fast action, simple structure, low cost and convenient maintenance. However, it is difficult to control the speed, and the air pressure should not be too high, so the snatching capacity is low.
- Electrical drive.
Power drive is the most commonly used drive mode of manipulator. It is characterized by convenient power supply, fast response, large driving force (joint weight 400kg), convenient signal detection, transmission and processing, and can adopt a variety of flexible control schemes. Stepping motor is generally used as the driving motor, and DC servo motor (AC) is the main driving mode. Due to the high speed of the motor, a reduction mechanism (such as harmonic drive, RV cycloidal pin wheel drive, gear drive, screw drive, multi bar mechanism, etc.) is usually required. Some manipulators have begun to use a high torque, low speed motor without a reduction mechanism for direct drive (DD), which can simplify the mechanism and improve the control accuracy.
- Mechanically driven
Mechanical drive is only used for fixed action occasions. Generally, the cam linkage mechanism is used to achieve the specified action. It is characterized by reliable action, high working speed and low cost, but it is not easy to adjust. Others also use hybrid drive, that is, liquid gas or electric liquid hybrid drive.
According to the machinery, it can be divided into four forms: rectangular coordinates, cylindrical coordinates, polar coordinates and multiple joints.
- Rectangular coordinate manipulator: The arm moves in a straight line in the three coordinate axes of the rectangular coordinate system, that is, the arm stretches back and forth, rises and falls up and down, and moves left and right. This form of coordinate takes up large space, but its working range is relatively small, and its inertia is large. It is suitable for the case where the working positions are arranged in a straight line.
- Cylindrical coordinate manipulator: the arm stretches back and forth. Up and down and horizontal swing. Compared with the rectangular coordinate type, the space is small and the working range is large. However, due to the structure of the mechanism, the lowest position in the height direction is limited. Objects on the ground cannot be grasped, and the inertia is relatively large. This is a coordinate form widely used in mechanical hands.
- Polar coordinate manipulator: extend the arm forward and backward. Pitch up and down, swing left and right. Its greatest feature is that it can obtain a larger working range with a simple mechanism and can grasp objects on the ground. Its motion inertia is small, but the error of arm swing angle will be magnified through the arm.
- Multi joint manipulator: The arm is divided into two parts: the big arm and the small arm, which are connected by the elbow joint. The big arm and the column are connected to form the shoulder joint. With the wrist joint between the wrist and the arm, the multi joint manipulator can almost complete the action of the hand. The multi joint manipulator has flexible action and small inertia. It can grasp the workpiece close to the seat and work around obstacles. Multi joint manipulator has wide adaptability. After attracting computer control, its action control can be completed through program and memory simulation. This is the development direction of manipulator.
According to the scope of application, it can be divided into special manipulator and general manipulator; According to the motion trajectory control mode, it can be divided into point control and continuous trajectory control manipulator.
Gantry robots can move parts and products in any conceivable direction, allowing you to use your automation space more efficiently. Linear motion along two axis is commonly used for packaging, assembly, material handling and other applications. Gantry Robots are available in many different configurations from one module to multi-axis systems depending on your application and budget.
Gantry robots are a type of overhead crane that maximizes the use of your factory space by reducing the number of discrete machine position required for your production line. A gantry robot will eliminate the need for a separate robotic cell to handle secondary operations, like assembly, sorting or packaging and also allows you to integrate material handling equipment into your process all from a single modular assembly system.
Gantry Robots are ideal for automation of large pick and place tasks. These systems can perform multiple tasks without the need to change tools, saving time, space and money. With Gantry Robotic Systems you are able to gain better control over your robots, allowing you to move them in any direction while limiting collisions with the work-surface and surrounding elements.