Rack and Pinion Linear Modules from Tallman Robotics have 3 series: TMG135, TMG170, TMG220.
|Motor Power (W)
|at Motor Speed 3000(rpm/min)
|Linear guide (mm)
|Application Environment Type
|Open type for general environment/
|Fully-closed type for dust/
water drop environment
Feature of our design of Rack and Pinion Linear Modules from Tallman Robotics.
The working principle of gear rack is to convert the rotary motion of gear into the reciprocating linear motion of rack, or convert the reciprocating linear motion of rack into the rotary motion of gear.
Rack and Pinion Linear Modules mechanism is composed of gears and racks. Rack is divided into straight rack and helical rack. The tooth profile of the rack is a straight line rather than an involute (for the tooth surface, it is a plane), which is equivalent to a cylindrical gear with an infinite indexing circle radius.
Main features of Rack-Rack and Pinion Linear Modules:
(1) Since the rack tooth profile is a straight line, each point on the tooth profile has the same pressure angle and is equal to the inclination angle of the tooth profile. This angle is called the tooth profile angle, and the standard value is 20 °.
(2) Any straight line parallel to the tooth top line has the same tooth pitch and modulus.
(3) The straight line parallel to the tooth top line and the tooth thickness is equal to the tooth slot width is called the dividing line (center line), which is the datum line for calculating the size of the rack.
Application scope of Rack and Pinion Linear Modules:
1. It is suitable for fast and accurate positioning mechanism
2. It is suitable for CNC machine tools, machining centers, cutting machines, welding machines, etc. with heavy load, high precision, high rigidity, high speed and long stroke
3. It is suitable for factory automation, rapid transplanting machinery, industrial robot arm grasping mechanism, etc
How to understand the motion of Rack and Pinion Linear Modules?
The gear and rack in the figure are the same, and the speed is the same after transformation. Use the gear and rack mechanism to reduce the pressure on the slide.
The rack makes reciprocating linear motion, and the gear will stay for a short time after the rotary motion.
The reciprocating rotation of the gear is transformed into the reciprocating linear motion of the rack, and the speed of the rack is gradually changing.
The angle of marine propeller blade is controlled by gear rack mechanism.
You are welcome to https://www.youtube.com/@tallmanrobotics to watch our video centre for more projects or visit our website to check other series or load down e-catalogues for further technical data.